“The day of the Messenger”
Curanderismo Solstice Ceremony
In our tradition, which is Curanderismo or Mexican Shamanism, the most important day for blessings is December 21. It is known as “El día del Guía” or “The day of the Messenger”. It is also known as the day that the oracle opens. The registration for this ceremony opens on November; send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
This celebration goes back to pre-Hispanic times. It is believed that the spirit of the Messenger (which is the Spirit of the Deer) comes to foretell what is going to happen for you in the upcoming year.
Many ancient cultures have winter ceremonies during the solstice. Likewise, “The day of the Messenger” is also celebrated during winter’s solstice. It is believed that the cold and dark winter days are a good time for us to reflect on what we want to accomplish and to prepare ourselves for the coming year.
We do all these with the help of a Messenger Spirit. It is said that this Spirit is accessible all the time but on December 21 as a special gift to us, humans, this Spirit comes and reads from the oracle our future. During this day the oracle regarding the next year is open for several hours.
Curanderas and Curanderos connect with the Spirit of the Deer Messenger on behalf of the client for the following:
- to ask how his or her year is going to be
- To ask a couple of questions that the client wants to know
- to negotiate a change that doesn’t look good in the client’s future (if possible)
- to open and clear the abundance path from any obstacles. For us “abundance” is not only material goods. Abundance means also abundance in health, love, spirituality, work, etc.
- This is also a good time to get general information about the upcoming year. Each year has its spiritual imprint, by this we mean a quality that is recommended to work on to increase our spiritual life, practices and better spiritual results. When we improve on this quality it is reflected not only in our spiritual practice but also in our daily life. This year that we are about to end was the year of “nutrition”. Making changes in our diet to have a healthier life and to develop more focus spiritual practices. The year 2013 what “Self-love and standing up for ourselves”
NOTE: In all my writings I talk from a feminine point of view and I use the word Curandera to refer to a practitioner regardless the gender. I do this so I don’t need to write both words, Curandera and Curandero, so many times. I chose the feminine word Curandera because I am a woman, (not for any other reason).
For this ceremony the Curandera prepares herself with some spiritual purification rituals, special diet, special prayers and special spiritual practices several days previous to the ceremony.
On the day of the ceremony the Curandera wakes up before dawn and prepares herself. As soon as the sun is up the ceremony begins. This ceremony goes all day long until midnight.
The Spirit of the Messenger will reveal the following:
– How the client’s year is going to be
– To ask a couple of questions that the client wants to know
– Help on the opening and clearing of the abundance path. For us “abundance” is not only material goods. Abundance means also abundance in health, love, spirituality, work, etc.
– How to prepare and perform the “Preparation Rituals to receive the New Year”
– Some suggestions of how to favorably align yourself with the vibrations of the coming year
– Instructions on how to prepare an amulet to be carried in your car, purse or have at your desk to vibrate and align better with the vibration of the new year
We started a couple of years ago offering this ceremony online. In the works of Spirit and Spiritual Energies there is no need for a person to be present. All is needed is for the person to synchronize and align to our energy and to the energy of the Ceremony.
We made some changes in order for you to be able to get the most of it. The first big change is the donation. We went from $150 to $45.50 (this is online only). You may ask yourself how this is possible.
Well it is very simple. The people that come to participate in this ceremony in person receive a private consultation and a package containing spiritually prepared materials and instructions for the “Preparation Rituals to receive the New Year”. They also receive an amulet already prepared, charged and blessed. This is an amulet to carry all the times during the next year.
In other words, the people that come in person to have that ceremony get the following:
- Private consultation
- Opening and clearing of the abundance path
- Spiritually prepared materials and instruction for the “Preparation Rituals to receive the New Year”
- Amulet for the coming year
The people that book for an online Ceremony get the following:
- opening and clearing of the abundance path
- Instructions and list of materials on how to prepare and perform the “Preparation Rituals to receive the New Year”
- Instructions and list of materials on how to prepare the Amulet for the coming year
If you are not a “crafty” person and would like to receive the package containing the spiritually prepared materials, instructions for the “Preparation Rituals to receive the New Year” and the amulet already prepared and blessed we will have a link from December 22 to January 21 to order this through our store.
NOTE: In order for our long distance ceremonies to work effectively, it is required on your side to prepare yourself to attune or vibrate at the same frequency as we do. Please do not commit to a service if you are not willing to put in some effort on your part because there is no refund. The ceremonies vary somewhat but in general the preparations for the ceremonies are similar. For example: eat light, do not drink alcohol or take drugs, etc.
Once we receive your payment we will send an email with instructions on how to attune and align to our ceremony and to the spirit of the Messenger.
After the ceremony is performed, on December 22nd, you will receive another email. This one will have:
- Your personal message received from the Ceremony
- Instructions and a list of materials on how to prepare and perform the “Preparation Rituals to receive the New Year”
- Instructions and a list of materials on how to prepare, charge, bless and use your amulet for the coming year
If you have any questions please contact us
If you would like to book for the ceremony go to our store
To understand more about our beliefs and the way we work, please read the post: Curandera beliefs in a nutshell by Paloma Cervantes.
Disclaimer: The information given is strictly for educational purposes and does not imply or express any health benefit. This information is historic, cultural, folkloric and traditional in value. Paloma Cervantes and Curandero Products cannot proclaim the effectiveness of the contents of this writing and do not have any responsibility for the use that the reader gives it.